Thursday, July 23, 2026

YOWZA!

 Thursday, July 23, 2026 (4:52 a.m.)

“Yow-za!”

(5:00 a.m.)


Well I certainly didn’t expect any of this just now.


Thank You God, that when I bring before You even my first utterance of the day my whole way of thinking changes. Yes, Father, You do have that power!


Evidently I slept HARD. Solid. Sound. With detailed remembered dreams.


And would You look at this? There’s even a phrase for that! Sleep inertia. 


Blessed God, You amaze me! Thank You for the curiosity You have ‘woven into my nature. Helping me learn, explore and grow closer to You’ (The Gospel Coalition).


There’s nothing I’m not allowed to bring to You, asking Your opinion of it. Thank You.

Lead Me to the Cross 

Where Your love poured out♪


Take yesterday for instance. Just as I was beginning to build another case regarding my own self righteousness in a certain area, You didn’t hesitate to step right into my thoughts. Reminding me that You have forgiven me so that I MUST forgive others. Completely. Stamped, “Paid in FULL!”


You even provided me the song, further emphasizing Your command on this.


Jesus Paid It All 

All to Him I owe

Sin had left a crimson stain

He washed it white as snow♪


Thank You once again for the curiosity that would take me to the origin of this favored hymn. And to an almost unrelated verse. One that stands profoundly out to me at the moment.


1 Peter 1:17. “And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of Him during your time as 'foreigners in the land.’”


Thank You Lord that I am no more nor less of importance to You than those whom I had remembered as causing me any pain whatsoever. Thank You that because of Your great love and sacrifice for us I get to choose where to put my focus. On hurts of the past? Or hope for the future. 


Yes, Father. Thank You that I choose Your hope! 


Do all You must that I embrace Your hope to the fullest. Being amazed. Delighted. Even uttering “YOWZA!” as is appropriate.


I love, need, trust and want You as absolute Lord of my life. Use me exactly as You alone know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(403 words ~ 5:49 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment