Friday, July 24, 2026 (5:04 a.m.)
Father God,
Thank You. Mm, yes. Thank You for startle. And surprise.
An entire family of raccoons climbing over the fence! What to do? What to do…
Loud banging on the metal door did not dissuade them. Neither did the shining of the flashlight. Thank You for the mysteries of things I can’t control.
Yes Father, thank You that I can choose to do my best. And allow You to do the rest.
(10:43 a.m.)
And with that said, I went about my non coffee drinking morning.
Lord God, how truly I DO thank You for the various things over which I have no control. And the few that I do.
Thank You for continuing to teach me when to accept with grace the things I cannot change. The courage to change that which I can. And the wisdom to know the difference between the two.
Father, thank You for the serenity that is to be found when we seek to follow Your lead.
Much like all those hours earlier when I continued banging on a door long after I was aware that I was having very little affect on Your little creatures. That still, small voice within kept telling me to stop. I could already feel the bruise I was causing on my thumb. Yet I remained relentless in my effort.
The wisdom to know the difference! Yes. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was to stop slamming my hands against the unyielding door.
How often do I figuratively continue hitting my head against walls long after You make me fully aware that I am to stop? Change course. LISTEN to Your still, small voice.
Father, thank You that Your will prevails. “We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but GOD’s purpose prevails” (Proverbs 19:21 The Message).
“You may have lots of ideas about what you want to do. But it is the LORD’s plans that are important” (EasyEnglish Bible).
Thank You Father. For Your Word. Your love. Your Son. Your Truth. Your promises. Your hope. The list is endless!
Do all You must in using me to bring glory and honor to Your most holy name. I love, need, trust and want You Dearest God. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(383 words ~ 11:10 a.m.)
No comments:
Post a Comment