Wednesday, July 29, 2026 (4:50 a.m.)
Yowza. Wow. And so many other exclamations.
Father, thank You for waking [which meant I DID go back to sleep!] with a willing spirit. Coinciding with a dream dealing with confrontation. Explanation. And a beginning toward reconciliation.
The fact that it was only a dream allows me to examine its whole without getting lost in attempting to make sense of any of the details. Thank You God that I truly want Your willing spirit (Psalm 51:12).
Yes! That life force within that has me smiling. Often. Seemingly for no reason.
The one that was able to remind me yesterday of the origin of my love for inspirational one-liners. A weekly wall calendar hanging in my parents’ kitchen throughout their lives. A new to me motivation each week.
Thank You for the memory Lord. And thank You for the desire to want it.
Yes. That is exactly the saying that started the whole thought process yesterday!
“Happiness is not having what you want, it’s wanting what You have.”
♪Let us become more aware of Your Presence
Let us experience the Glory of Your Goodness♪
(Holy Spirit)
Father, You are the One behind every Truth and promise in Your Word. The ultimate one-liners that teach us to “give thanks in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). “Always be joyful” (v.16). Forgive as we have been forgiven (Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13).
Tall orders to be sure. But not ones we are left to muscle through on our own. Jesus paid every single debt we could ever owe (Colossians 2:13-14). He even announced "It is finished!" from the cross on which He hung (John 19:30).
Blessed God, thank You for His promise of the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17, 26). The One who will never leave us. And leads us to all truth.
It’s Your Truth that helps me remember that I always have a choice. I can choose to “be bitter or be better.” I get to remember to “take what I get and like it” [thank you, Mom!].
Thank You for teaching me the value of choosing wisely! Carry with me the weight and burden of grudge holding hurts from the past? Or cast all my cares upon You (1 Peter 5:7; Psalm 55:22).
You allow me to be hurtful and hateful or helpful and kind. Father, how I thank You for all You have provided that helps me want to choose the latter.
As You use me today, I ask (Matthew 7:7) that You keep making me aware of the smiles that are available. The songs yet to be sung. The power found in standing firmly and staying my mind on the ultimate one-liners found in Your Word.
Your perfect love drives out all fear (1 John 4:18). Thank You that it does.
Do all You must that I would love as You would have me love (Mark 12:30). You. Others. Myself (v.31). Reminding me at every turn that “unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”
I want to live Dear Lord! Truly. Freely. Abundantly. Joyfully. Lovingly. Yours! Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(522 words ~ 6:15 a.m.)
No comments:
Post a Comment