Wednesday, January 25, 2017

to, through, by

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 (7:33 a.m.)
Loving Lord,
(8:21 a.m.)

Once again I have become side tracked with the question, “To Whom Do We Pray?” Thank You for affirmation that I am not alone in my wondering.

Searching, reading and asking You to guide my understanding, one opinion stands out to me more than any other. Communion With God Ministries 'Your home for trusted Spirit-anointed resources' [cwgministries.org] believes “we are to pray to the Father, through the Son, by the working of the Holy Spirit.” Involving the entire Trinity in prayer.

It even quotes the verse for which I searched the other day. 2 Corinthians 13:14, “Let the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, be with you all through the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.” Mm, Father I love when You speak to me.

With all this said, I come back to the very first words with which I honestly wanted to begin this conversation with You. I am feeling great sadness.

There is so very much hurt going on around us. There was a tragedy involving a train and an elderly woman pedestrian. Her loved ones are all in such a fragile state.

The death of a young father losing his long fought battle with cancer. The state of what now appears as our country's disunion. Loved ones truly just not feeling good. A hospital stay, followed by more than a week in a skilled nursing facility leaving a spouse feeling completely overwhelmed.

So very much sadness Father.

I look to Your Word and hymns written concerning Your grace, love and mercy. I long to tap into Your Truth. It's 2 Corinthians 13:11 that I'm asking Your understanding. So many different ways of presenting key words.

Expanded Bible says, “Now [Finally], brothers and sisters, I say good-bye [or be joyful; rejoice; a common greeting and farewell]. Live in harmony [Seek restoration; or Mend your ways]. Do what I have asked you to do [Follow my exhortation; or Encourage/Exhort one another]. Agree with each other [Live in unity], and live in peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.”

Oh how I pray it so Blessed God! These are such powerful truths!

Be what you should be. Listen to what I say. Be good to each other. Agree with one another. Live in peace with one another. And the God who gives love and peace will be with you” (Worldwide English).

Young's Literal Translation, “be made perfect, be comforted, be of the same mind, be at peace, and the God of the love and peace shall be with you”.

How I ask You to revive my sagging spirit Blessed God. This I pray to You, through Your Son, by the working of Your Holy Spirit. I love You and I long to live in, with, by, through and for You. Teach me. Please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(488 words ~ 9:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment