Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Jesus

Thursday, January 19, 2017 (7:00 a.m.)
Port of Ensenada, MX
Blessed Jesus,

It's happened before. I want to pray to You. I long to call out Your name. And I don't believe I know how.

I'm used to praying to our Father as You taught Your disciples (Luke 11:2). That's what comes most readily and naturally. But then I remember

(8:38 a.m.)
What do I remember?

I went searching through past prayers and reading some of the other times I have attempted calling Your name. I sing Jesus, Jesus, Jesus There's just something about that name. Master, Savior, Jesus Like the fragrance after the rain

You know all that is inside me that keeps me from freely calling out Your name. You are far more aware of my hesitation than I. You are all power and strength. You are Jesus. Name above all names. Beautiful Savior. Glorious Lord. Emmanuel. God [is] with us. Blessed Redeemer. Living Word

Oh, how I long to live this day as though I truly believe this! You are The First, The Last, Alpha and Omega. I don't really know what all this means, yet I want to. Invest me in You this day Jesus.

Put my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams into honoring and glorifying You this day. We are called to love God with all of our passion, prayer, intelligence and energy (Mark 12:30 The Message) and our neighbors as ourselves (v.31).

Teach me to do precisely that. I don't know how, but You do. Make me a good student that I will ultimately become a good steward. I want to live this day for You. In You. With You. By You.

I am preparing to go out into the day. There's exploring and shopping, seeking and finding to be done. Before I go I am turning to You Blessed Jesus, inviting You to come along with us. Go before, behind, above, below, beside and within us as we journey into the day.

Philippians 4:13 tells me “I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power.” Calling on You to guide, direct, bless and keep us, Jesus I ask You to do all You must on our behalf.

We love You and want to spend our day in Your presence. Show us what that would truly be like. Thank You Jesus. It is in You we pray. Amen.

(410 words ~ 9:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment