Wednesday, January 25, 2017

risks vs. benefits

Inauguration Friday, January 20, 2017 (9:20 a.m.)
Port of Los Angeles – San Pedro, CA

Blessed Jesus,

You know what You are doing. I believe that. I trust You. We are back in the country an entire day early. Definitely not what we had planned.

Thank You for our ship's captain's skilled executive decisions based on expected bad weather conditions. For the good of the ship, crew and guests we bypassed a planned day at sea to arrive safely back in port. Thank You Jesus.

Thank You that You have us covered Lord. Covered by Your blood. Covered with Your love.

Sitting here, docked safely at our final destination I'm watching the weather turn quite dark and stormy. Thank You Jesus for our captain's fine assessment of risks versus benefits.

The political climate of our country seems at such a precipice. It's Inauguration Day and many are boycotting, even protesting. Jesus, I am turning to You. You know all of the risks, as well as the benefits the next four years hold for this nation. It is YOUR best for our country that I pray.

Yes Jesus. Your best. Played out exactly as You know is necessary. I don't know what Your will looks like, but it is what I am asking. In Your most holy name. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(229 words ~ 10:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment