Friday, September 23, 2011

"Thank You."

Friday, September 23, 2011 (7:24 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

Good Morning. I love You. Thank You. Before fully awakening, I thought of all kinds of things for which I am grateful. Now it is just coming out, “Thank You.” Pure and simply, “Thank You.”

I don’t know that I have ever before Biblically searched “Thank You” but The Message has me stopped at Psalm 86:11-12. The peace and calm that have encased me seems much like a comforting bubble. “Train me, God, to walk straight; then I’ll follow Your true path. Put me together, one heart and mind; then, undivided, I’ll worship You in joyful fear [I DID just read that as ‘fearful joy’! J]. From the bottom of my heart I thank You, dear Lord; I’ve never kept secret what You’re up to. You’ve always been great toward me – what love!”

Too often I think I’ve come up with a feeling that has never been expressed to You before, then I read a verse like this and remember that “there is nothing new under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 1:9).

Lord, today I am asking that You will remind me to readily and joyfully say “Thank You.” You deserve so much more than everything I offer You. Search my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength (Mark 12:30) removing all that is not worthy of and glorifying to You. I do indeed love You so much. Help me do it better. Freer. Absolute. Pure. Simple. True. Unadulterated. Complete. Total. All encompassed by and with and in and through You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(263 words ~ 9:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment