Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jeremiah

Thursday, September 1, 2011 (7:45 a.m.)

Lord God,

You bless us. You bless us big. I don’t always recognize the blessings for what they are. But Your plans for us are always good. Jeremiah 29:11 came to mind last night when I had difficulty falling (and staying) asleep. Thank You Lord. As I remembered that You indeed ‘know the plans You have for us, plans for good and not for evil, plans to give us a future and a hope’ I was able to rest in You.

Knowing that verses 12 and 13 are equally as prophetic, I was somewhat eager to read them again this morning. “In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find me when you seek me, if you look for me in earnest.” Lord, I believe You keep Your promises. Maybe not to my understanding of them, but keep them I believe You do. Thank You that You are trustworthy. Thank You that I can depend on You to keep Your Word.

Reading about Jeremiah again this morning I am once again smiling. While I might not appear over the top eager and excited (agog) to tell of Your Good News at this particular moment, I DO have that settled, contented feeling that ‘all is right with YOUR world’. We are not of this world. All is not supposed to make perfect sense to us right now. Our charge is to listen and obey (Hebrews 4:12 TM). We are not the Christ! (John 1:20)

This book (Jeremiah) is chock-full of truth.

(1:37 p.m.)

I thought I knew so much. Much earlier, I was content just reading the titles of The Life Recovery Bible’s Recovery Themes. Faithfulness Overcomes Failure, God’s Way May Be Painful, God Understands Our Emotions, Hope despite Disaster. Lord, these are promises we long to believe!

And then I read Eugene Peterson’s (The Message) way of relating Jeremiah 29:11-13 and I am stopped dead in my tracks. [“Whoa!” actually came out of my mouth J] “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out – plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.”

This is the hope I stand on Lord. You are so much bigger than our obstacles and weaknesses. You can use our painful pasts to lead us to inner healing and righteous living. You were not put off by Jeremiah’s bitterness, anger, discouragement, depression or loneliness. And You accept and understand each of us just as we are. You are ready to heal our broken and hurting parts. What WE have to do is be honest with You!

Blessed Lord, You ARE the God of hope and recovery! Thank You for reminding me of this yet again. Guide, direct, lead and empower me this day I pray. I love You so very much and long to live my life as You would have me. Enable me in my search for You. Thank You. Amen.

(543 words ~ 2:10 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment