Wednesday, September 21, 2011

surprised

Monday, September 19, 2011 (8:18 a.m.)

Awesome God,

You are amazing and I love You! I keep being surprised by circumstances. Unexpected things continue happening. Chance encounters with long time friends and an absolutely serendipitous opportunity to see and hear Willie Nelson casually perform on a seemingly insignificant stage in the middle of the desert. Wow. Thank You God!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 (9:10 a.m.)

I don’t know why I am surprised by Your surprises. Oh, but I confess to being glad that I am. Too often I take things for granted. I settle for routine. Mundane. That is NOT what You have called us to!

The Life Recovery Bible remains open to Exodus 33. While I remember being excited the other day while reading Your instructions to Moses, I still don’t know what led be there in the first place. My own underlining of a section in verse 13 draws my attention. “… guide me clearly along the way you want me to travel so that I will understand You and walk acceptably before You.”

Now there’s a request I would be wise to make. And I DO Lord! I believe You have a path set out for me to walk. And I also believe that I far too often stray from it. Forgive me Lord.

I don’t know how to live each and every moment aware of Your presence. I get bored. Think I know better. Go off on my own. Make mistake upon mistake before turning around and coming back, so many times with my proverbial tail between my legs.

Lord, I am asking You to continue ‘blessing me and keeping me; making Your face shine upon me and being gracious to me; turning Your face toward me and giving me peace’ (Numbers 6:24-26). It truly IS ‘in You I live and move and have my being’ (Acts 17:28). By this I am not the least bit surprised!

You are good. You are constant. You do not change. You are available. Loving. Kind. Patient. Forgiving. Trustworthy. Faithful. All things I long to be. Continue Your work in me Blessed Lord. Making me, molding me, filling me and using me EXACTLY as You wish.

Far too often I can’t see the forest for the trees. I get bogged down by the details and completely miss the essence with which You would have me live each and everyday. I desperately need Your perspective. Your guidance. Your leadership and fellowship. I love You Lord and I humbly ask that I would continue being surprised and renewed with every blessing You have for us. Let me see them clearly, ESPECIALLY when they come in forms that are not immediately identifiable. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(443 words ~ 10:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment