Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Adonai

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 (7:35 a.m.)

Lord of all,

I woke up singing Praise Adonai Thank You Lord. I like calling upon You in song!

I also awoke knowing that the first thing I wanted [needed!] to do today was to come before You in prayer. Lord God, thank You that You are loving, forgiving, available.

(7:45 a.m.)

The earth just shook. We don’t know from where. We both heard it coming, without knowing what it was. Thank You Lord that even in ground shaking events YOU do not change! You remain unshaken. You are perfect. Holy. Mighty. Lord.

Father, how I thank You for the many ways You have to change my thought process. A shaking of the earth is just one of them! MY plan for today was to come and talk with You about Your truth of Philippians 1:6, “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”

As excited as I am about this verse, praising Adonai keeps pushing ahead. Thank You Lord. I continue “GoodSearch”-ing the meaning of the word and I am taken to a greater understanding of it and various verses related to it. At each one I stop, thinking I couldn’t be more excited and eager to tell [agog J] but it’s Psalm 16 that has me most securely gripped. Each verse speaks as if it were written directly by or about me.

As perfectly worded as this Psalm is, it is the commentaries at the bottom of The Life Recovery Bible page that I intend to quote. “Strength and security come from God alone; He is the only one who can restore us to sane living. We can draw strength from others who are, like us, trying to find and do God’s will. And as we recover, we can offer that strength to others. If we look to God as the source of our strength and joy, He will never disappoint us. People and other resources will let us down, but God will not” (vs. 1-6).

Who is like Him The Lion and the Lamb Seated on the throne Mountains bow down Every ocean roars To the Lord of hosts Praise Adonai From the rising of the sun ‘Til the end of every day Praise Adonai All the nations of the earth All the angels and the saints Sing Praise

And I DO sing praise to You dearest Lord of All! "When we seek through prayer and meditation to improve our relationship with God, we will find in His Word not only peace of mind and heart, but also good counsel that will keep us from falling into sin. Knowing that God is with us and that He will never abandon us should be a constant source of joy and peace. An important principle for our recovery is the realization that God is with us – here and now – and He promises to be with us through all eternity as well" (7-11).

Father, I confess to often having trouble recognizing and accepting Your presence here on earth. The thought of ‘all eternity as well’ is so far beyond my realm of understanding that I can’t even begin to go there.

Instead, I will continue this moment-by-moment seeking of learning to trust and obey You, the Lord of all lords. Master. Maker. Most Holy of holies.

Lord God, thank You for calling me to sing Praise Adonai Teach me to sing it more loudly. Evermore clearly. And succinctly. I love You so much dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(605 words ~ 9:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment