Friday, September 9, 2011

plans

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 (7:17 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

I got to see the beginning of a sunrise this morning. I was able to sleep soundly in my own bed for several hours. And I woke up still being a new member of the grandparent club. What a very exciting past few days!

How I thank You Father for a healthy baby, his excited and exhausted parents and for the opportunity to share in the newness of it all.

When we left here last week, we had well thought out ‘date’ plans. Food, travel, a newly released movie and a baseball game, complete with fireworks. Little did we know what You had in store for us!

Friday, September 9, 2011 (8:52 a.m.)

Finally! After days on end of searching, the verse I have been seeking is found. Thank You Lord. James 4:13-15, “Look here, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we are going to…’ How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog – it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. What you ought to say is, ‘If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.’”

This past week I’ve become hyper-aware of how many of our best laid plans have not come to pass the way we had expected. Here again I thank You Lord. Thank You that we can scuttle about as much as we want, but it’s YOU who mandates our future! You hold all the keys to what Your will is and is not for our lives.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for awareness and reminders. Thank You that we truly can trust You with every single aspect of our lives. With that said Lord, I turn to You with the truth of the Proverbs – particularly 16:1, 9 and 19:21. You know my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength right now. You know all of the emotions with which I am dealing. There are conflicted feelings, concerns, joys, and full out love for others that are swirling within and about me. To all of these I point to the truth and promises of Your Word.

“We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer” (Proverbs 16:1). “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps” (16:9). “You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail” (19:21).

I trust this Lord. I trust You. I count on You to save us from ourselves and our own unwise decisions and choices. You are so good. You love us so much. You give us gifts we could never imagine. And we are grateful. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for surprises and changes in our plans. Continue guiding and guarding us Lord. Keep us ever looking to You for our every need and all of our plans. You alone are holy. It IS in You we trust!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(493 words ~ 9:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment