Sunday, June 30, 2024

according to His purpose

 Sunday, June 30, 2024 (7:42 a.m.)

Finally! Here’s a smile. Thank You God.


Moping doesn’t serve me well. It does come easy though. Thank You that Your way is better. Praise. Rejoice. Be glad. Strong. Courageous. In You. Your teachings.


Guide me in Your Word this morning I ask. My mind continues taking darker turns when left to its own accord.


Father God, I love You. I need, trust and want You as Lord of my life. Jesus thank You that ♪Your name is the highest Your name is the greatest Your name stands above them all♪ Thank You that You truly are Holy Forever.


Blessed are we to be called according to Your purpose (Romans 8:28). Having NO idea where that thought came from [other than YOU!] I feel my guard dropping. Rather than wasting time considering how circumstances might have been different, thank You for the smile that comes along with that important piece/peace of accepting how things are.


Yes. Father. Thank You for mistakes made. Thank You for all we have opportunity to learn. Thank You for Your goodness. And Your grace. Your faithfulness. Your love. For calling us out of darkness into Your wonderful light (1 Peter 2:9).


Thank You that it is YOU who works in us to will and act in order to fulfill Your good purpose (Philippians 2:13). Trying to think my way out of a sad and downcast mood never works. Turning to Your Word of Truth and promises does!


The Life Recovery Bible writes, “Obedience to God’s program is one of the requirements for spiritual growth” (Philippians 2:12-18). Adding “God not only asks us to live a godly life, He provides us with the power to do it.”


See? Right there! Another smile. You do in and with, by, through and for us all that we cannot do on our own. 


“He works in us, giving us the desire and the ability to obey Him.” Thank You that You do.


Thank You for leading me deeper into Your Word. Reminding me that You are sovereign. With me in all our circumstances. No matter how dire they appear, You make everything work out according to YOUR plan (Ephesians 1:11c).


It’s Your Word that points us in Your direction. And here my smile keeps growing. I’ve made mistakes. And Your power is greater than all of them. Thank You Father.


Thank You that I get to trust that nothing can happen that is outside of Your plan for our good. Whatever that may be or look like. It’s when we turn back to Your Word that we can stand firmly on Your teachings.


“God is continuously working in the hearts and lives of people who love Him and are called according to His purpose. The Lord is causing everything to fit together for our good and His glory. Standing on this solid Truth reframes our difficulties. We can face them with confidence, trusting that every challenge is part of God’s ultimate plan to transform our old nature into what He has purposed for us to be… (Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 3:9-10).” gotquestions.org


Thank You Father. Let my song to You today be ♪Thy Will Be Done♪ again and again. Thanks Dad. I love You. Use me as only YOU know is best. Amen.


(562 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment