Tuesday, August 30, 2011

simple things

Friday, August 26, 2011 (8:01 a.m.)

Blessed God,

It’s the simple things Lord. Visiting dogs. Adults learning to swim. Rigorous yard work. Simple, uncomplicated, everyday things.

(2:25 p.m.)

And with each of them come joy. Deeply seated, intricate joy. Thank You Lord. Thank You for the simple things.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 (7:53 a.m.)

I read Your Word Lord, looking to understand the simplest of things. Truth. Life. Love. Somehow those look far more complicated today than when I first started this!

Let me look again at the simple things that brought me such joy the other day. A dog. Walking. Running. Sleeping. Simple. A woman SO excited to be enjoying the water for the very first time in her life that she couldn’t even speak. You helped me with that Lord. And the yard work? Hot. Strenuous. Wonderfully satisfying!

Thank You Lord. Thank You for deep, sincere joy in simple things. I tend so often to complicate matters. Help me follow Your teachings and live Your Word instead.

And You do! Reading Paul’s Teachings about Spiritual Gifts in his first letter to the people of Corinth (12:1-11) I’m recognizing again that all power is Yours. As I continue on (12-26) I am again reminded that we are Many Parts but One Body. The Life Recovery Bible comments to both of these sections stress the fact that it is YOU who gifts us and shows the importance of our accepting these gifts and using them well.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 (7:46 a.m.)

The other night at church Dearest Lord, the pastor shared a thing so simple with the congregation that he had all of us repeat it. It was John the Baptist’s reply to the Jewish priests and Levites when they asked him who he was (John 1:19). “He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, ‘I am not the Christ’.” (20)

It’s a VERY simple thing really. There IS a Christ, and NONE of us is it! When it comes to keeping things simple today Lord, help me remember YOU are the Christ. Not me! Simple. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(297 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment