Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Isaiah

Saturday, August 13, 2011 (7:38 a.m.)

Awesome, Glorious, Amazing God,

Thank You! These were not the words I was going to use to describe You this morning. One look into Your Word and hope and joy took over. Thank You Lord.

The Book of Isaiah, written ‘to confront the people of Judah with their sin and denial and to inspire them to rebuild their lives based on Your promises’ speaks volumes to me. Ah yes Lord. Your Word. Your promises.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for the opportunity to be Your child. The slightest smile started out on my face and just grew into the biggest grin. Lord, You ARE awesome. Glorious. Amazing. Holy. Worthy. Righteous. Loving. Forgiving. And I am grateful.

You provide. Truth. Salvation. Hope. Isaiah recorded these things for the good of Your people. Not only did he know Your truth, he lived and shared it as well. No wonder I find such delight in his book.

He knew You as: The Holy One of Israel (5:15-16), Sovereign Lord (8:13-15), God the Judge (11:3-5; 24), God, Our Salvation (26:1-4, 12-13), Everlasting God (44:6-8), the Living God (40:11, 41:10, 13), Lord of Glory (60:1-3). And he wanted others to know You as He did. He wasn’t afraid to share You, to follow Your will for his life with determination. What a wonderful example of being faithful to Your call despite great opposition and discouragement.

Another smile begins for me as I read of Isaiah being “sensitive, yet strong in his convictions”. I see myself as just plain sensitive. “He recognized his personal need for healing and received God’s help.” I absolutely recognize my own personal need for your healing, but I keep trying to manufacture it myself!

Lord God, how I thank You for this example of such a godly man, living a godly life, offering to others Your truth and hope.

Monday, August 15, 2011 (7:34 a.m.)

Laughlin, NV

Still I am grateful Lord. You provided us a blessed worship experience yesterday morning followed by a safe three-hour drive into Nevada. Thank You Lord. Thank You for shared laughter, extremely warm (112˚) air temperature and a beautiful view of an almost full moon reflected on the Colorado River. Grateful, Lord. Truly I am grateful.

As I continue reading in and of Isaiah, I am awed by his obedience. There is so much wisdom in his words. Truth. Hope. Promises.

Grow me Lord. Grow me into the woman You have always planned for me to be. Wise. Obedient. Dependent on You alone!

Blessed Lord God, You are so good. Holy. Awesome. Amazing. Glorious. Isaiah spoke Your words of truth. I long to learn and live them. Work in and through me exactly as You know is best. I am Yours. I want desperately to prevail as such. I love You so much Dearest Lord. And I thank You.

Use me this day. As You wish. I love You. Amen.

(492 words ~ 9:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment