Friday, October 9, 2026

healthier mindset

 Thursday, October 8, 2026 (6:05 a.m.)

Thank You God!


It’s not what I had planned to say. Nor what I’ve been thinking for hours. But there it is. “Thank You God.” Complete with a smile.


I confess to You all the colors of language You heard come out of my mouth yesterday. A more than annoying traffic SNAFU added three hours to the expected 80 minute drive. Thank You for the plans that were ultimately changed because of it.


Thank You that right there in the midst of the tears and frustration was a dragonfly just as I was preparing to turn left onto N JOY ST. Thank You that the irony was not lost on me.


Father God, how I thank You for the plans You know You have for us.

(7:38 a.m.)

Yes Father. 

(8:12 a.m.)


I confess to the struggle I am experiencing in wanting to stay here with You coupled with the desire to go off and do so very many other things. I truly believe I might be trying to outrun my thoughts, feelings and emotions.


Yes! That’s it. If I stay still, they just might catch and ultimately overwhelm me. Thank You. If there is anything I want to be overwhelmed by, it’s You!


Father, I further confess to feeling weary. Fearful. Sad. Incredibly indecisive. With spurts of energy. Lots of lyrics. Full of hope one moment, discouraged the next. Highs. Lows. 

(9:00 a.m.)


I’m looking to You to provide all I need for a much healthier mindset. Thank You that through it all You remain good. Great. Glorious. Gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). 


(9:46 a.m.)


And here I’ve gone again. Phone calls. Inquiries. Seemingly small interruptions.


Resistance. Near surrender. Resolve. Determination. Hope. Breath. Yes. Let’s remember to breathe. Just for now. One long breath after another exhalation. Keep it all as simple as possible. Yes! Simple!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment