Wednesday, May 1, 2019

boggled praise


Wednesday, May 1, 2019 (6:52 a.m.)
Holy God,

I just reached for the letter ‘A’ and quickly realized it’s another new month. Lord, my mind is truly boggled. How does it keep seeming like time is just flying?

Boggle: marvel, wonder, baffle, astonish, astound, amaze, stagger, overwhelm.

Yep. That’s the word. I am experiencing all those things. So often and in so many ways.

I pause. Think. Wonder. Scramble. Try to get a clue. And smile as I realize that there is just so very much that we are never going to understand.

Rather than allow my mind to continue unchecked, I exhale fully. Inhaling naturally I am more aware of my surroundings.

Father, the other day I made the statement to a seven year old that “It’s hard to be human.” We have the ability to think. And that can lead us in so many directions.

Here I am asking You Dearest Dad, reel me in. Put me in check. There is a part of me that feels completely out of control. And then I remember. Praise!

Yes Father, when all is not that I can understand, still I can praise You.

(8:38 a.m.)
Yes! Still I can praise You. Thank You Father.

Two songs merge together right now. Matt Redman ♪You Never Let Go♪ and Joseph Garlington ♪My Life Is In You♪

Yes Blessed God. My mind can get boggled. I can have the sense that all is spiraling out of my control. And then I can turn again. To You! Breathe. And let myself go. Fully. Into Your comforting, continuing care.

Yes Father! Praise You!

Psalm 150. The Message. “Hallelujah!” Praise You in Your “holy house of worship, …under the open skies;” Praise You for Your acts of power, … Your magnificent greatness.

“Praise with a blast on the trumpet, praise by strumming soft strings; … with castanets and dance, …with banjo and flute; …with cymbals and a big bass drum, … with fiddles and mandolin. Let every living, breathing creature praise GOD! Hallelujah!”

Yes Father! Hallelujah! Praise You!

I can choose confusion and overwhelm and unsteadiness and… OR I can praise You. Thank You Father.

I am asking that I would truly praise You in [with, by, through] my thoughts, words and deeds this day. Let them be acceptable and pleasing in Your sight.

I love You. I need You. I choose You. I want You. I trust You. And I praise You Father. How deeply and truly do I praise You!

Teach, empower and embolden me in doing it all the more. Thank You Father.

As I search Your Word, wondering how best to praise I come full circle back to Psalm 150. The Life Recovery Bible comment.

“One of the best ways to praise God is with our life, including submitting to His will for us and sharing the Good News with others. All of us are recipients of God’s loving forgiveness and restoration. Every living creature - each of us - has ample reason to praise our wonderful gracious God. ‘Let everything that lives sing praise to the LORD! Praise the LORD!'”

Yes. Father. Yes!

The speed with which life seems to be passing me by is dizzying. When I am aware of exhaling the futility of it all and breathing in the simplicity of Your Message, again I am able to let go and allow You to truly be God of my life. My mind. This moment.

Thank You Father. Use me I pray. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(584 words ~ 9:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment