Saturday, October 17, 2015

desperate to believe

Saturday, October 17, 2015 (6:55 a.m.)
Holy God,

You know what You're doing. I'm not questioning that. You know the plans You have for us (Jeremiah 29:11).

Watching news reports of weather devastations, individual acts of violence and the seeming randomness of every day life leaves me even more desperate to believe that You know exactly what You are doing.

Blessed God, thank You that we have You to turn to. Trust in. Lean on. Thank You that all that is going on in the world today does not get past You unnoticed.

Thank You Father that we get to come to You, to Your Word, and be reminded of all that has gone on before. We have Your promises on which to stand. Your love in which to believe.

Mm, yes. Father, we are desperate to believe that You love us. Care for us. Have a plan for us. A plan for good and not for evil. A plan to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

I read Your Word. Believe Your promises. Trust that You really, truly know all You are doing. I don't pretend to understand. Too often I question. Even doubt. And then I remember to breathe deeply. Relax my shoulders. And hope.

Yes Father, thank You that when all is said and done my hope is in You Lord!  

No comments:

Post a Comment