Tuesday, December 8, 2020

reminders to pray

 Tuesday, December 8, 2020 (7:25 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


How deeply and truly I thank You! Twelve full hours of rest. And prayer. And more rest. Thank You God.


Yes God. Thank You for reminders to pray. And pray. And pray some more.


I confess to frequently forgetting this. Which often leads me straight to fretting. And then You remind me to trust in You. With all my heart. Leaning not on my own understanding. In all my ways acknowledging You, and You will direct my paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).


Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.


Your Word is rife with Your Truth and promises. The deeper we dig, the more we find. Thank You Lord.


On this day, with no clear cut schedule, I am asking You to continue Your reminders for me to pray. The health and well being of others. Your goodness. Your grace. Your wisdom. Your guidance. How I pray YOU Dear Lord! Your very presence.


How perfect that this Second Week of Advent refers to “preparation.” Often I have thought of it as time to prepare our home for the upcoming holiday. This morning, while reading in 2 Peter, I see it more as wanting to prepare my heart for Your actual return.


This past year has been challenging and trying on so many different levels. How I thank You for never leaving us alone in it. Getting to know You on a deeper, more personal level is a gift only You could provide us. Thank You Lord.


As I practice taking my eyes off the horrors of this world and placing them firmly on the hope You offer, I turn to the beginning of chapter 1. “This letter is from Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ.” Written “to all of you who share the same faith we have, faith given to us by Jesus Christ, our God and Savior, who makes us right with God” (v. 1).


Father as I read Peter’s blessing of Your “special favor and wonderful peace as [we] come to know Jesus, our God and Lord, better and better” (v. 2) I marvel at Your provision. Nothing in this world, or the next, gets by You.


So here I have a full, as yet to be declared, day of preparation. For what? Your arrival. Continue teaching and guiding me. Reminding me to pray. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) that You will embolden me to living this day as You would have me.


The Voice provides this section of encouragement just before Peter's listing of the benefits and caution (v. 9) of verses 5-11. “God took the first step to rescue us from this corrupt world. He has granted us His power, revealed to us His true knowledge, and spoken to us great promises. He has done all this for a reason: that we might participate in His own nature and reflect His own life. But we are not passive observers of God’s saving actions. We must receive His grace, grow in knowledge and join in this work of redemption.”


Yes please Father! Let me use this day of preparation to Your good and Your glory. Using Your power, knowledge and promises as only You know is best. I love You. I need You. I long to serve You as You alone have ordained.


Make me ready, willing and able to obey Your leading Lord. Thank you. I love You. Amen.

(563 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment