Monday, February 2, 2015

thankful and joyful praise

Monday, February 2, 2015 (7:14 a.m.)
Holy, merciful God,

Thank You. Thank You for all that You are.

Thank You that I get to come before You this morning wondering how best to praise You. Thank You that when I ask You provide for that request. Thank You for the numerous times that You have provided (Philippians 4:19) before I've even thought to ask.

Thank You for songs of joy and love. Thank You for hymns of praise. Thank You that “You are my strength” (Psalm 18:1). Thank You for the desire to sing ♫Praise the name of Jesus, Praise the name of Jesus. He's my Rock, He's my Fortress, He's my Deliverer, In Him will I trust. Praise the name of Jesus♫ (Psalm18:2).

I watched You work in and through me yesterday. Formidable tasks I had previously been unable [unwilling?] to even begin where completed in a timely, well ordered fashion. That was absolutely YOU, not me.

Thank You God. Thank You that I thought to ask for what I wanted. Thank You that in the midst of the one hiccup of the evening I had Your presence of mind to go back out and seek resolution. Praise You Father. Praise Your holy name!

Reading through The Celebration Hymnal I feel honored. Awed. I am given the resources to truly praise You. Beginning with the very first hymn and continuing on for pages. Each offering a twist, a different level of praise.

I ask You most loving, providing Father do in and with, by and through me all that You desire this day. I long to praise You appropriately. Abundantly. Truly teach me to ♫Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness; Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!♫

Use us exactly as You wish this day Blessed Father. We love You and long to serve You. Well! Thank You Father. Bless You. Praise You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment