Friday, December 13, 2013

The Rose

Friday, December 13, 2013 (5:33 a.m.)
Holy Father,

My plan was to come here focused on my failings. Instead I'm singing a song I don't know. Lo! How a Rose E'er Blooming

Singing along with The Hymnal, I went to the internet for a better understanding of it. Father, I am now an emotional wreck! In a VERY good way.

I see You guiding my thoughts. Giving me hope. Changing my heart. And I am grateful. Truly, wonderfully grateful. Father, thank You.

Thank You for words that give hope. Words that speak truth. Your Truth. The Bible verse related to this striking hymn is Isaiah 11:1. It tells us, “A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse.” This is the second time in a week that I've been reminded of the stump of Jesse.

Father, thank You for working so unexpectedly. Thank You for giving us words and music and hope. Thank You for the people You put into our lives. Thank You for the combining the University of Utah Singers did with this hymn and the song The Rose. It's my sister-in-love's birthday. And it's perfect Father. Just absolutely perfect.

Thank You for the work You do in changing us. Continue all You know You need to do on our behalf in shaping us into the people who will love and serve You well. We DO love You Father. And we want it to be clearly visible in all we say, think, feel and do. Make it so Blessed Father. Make us all You want us to be! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(268 words ~ 6:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment